Who we are
Our website address is: https://golden-rivet.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
In some countries, including in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal data under applicable data protection laws. We collect information about you in a range of forms, including personal information, when you choose to provide it to us. Personal information (or personal data) means information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include personal information where the identity has been removed (anonymous personal information). This may include when you become a member, request information from us, purchase a product, create an account with us, sign up for newsletters or our email lists, use our Services, submit a rating or review, participate in a survey or promotion, or otherwise contact us.
We may use the information we collect from and about you to:
• Fulfill your order (including processing payment);
• Send you an order confirmation;
• Assess the needs of your business to determine suitable products;
• Send you requested product or service information;
• Send product updates or license information;
• Respond to customer service requests;
• Administer your account;
• (With your consent), send you a newsletter and marketing communications;
• Respond to your questions and concerns;
• Improve our Web site and marketing efforts;
• Conduct research and analysis;
• Display content based upon your interests;
• Comply with applicable laws, lawful requests and legal process, including to respond
to requests from public and government authorities;
• Enforce this privacy statement; and
• Protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others.
• Develop new programs, products or services
• Protect the security or integrity of the Services and our business; and
• As described to you at the point of data collection.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you are a European resident, our legal basis for collecting and using your personal data or information is to do so with your consent; where we need the personal data or information for performance of a contract, or where the collection and use is in our legitimate interests and not
overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect the personal information in question. If we collected your personal data or information with your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
You also have the right to:
• Access your personal data or information;
• Delete, or request deletion of, your personal data or information;
• Object to or restrict processing of your personal information;
• Request portability of your personal information;
• Complain to your local data protection authority at any time;
• Object to automated decision making; and
• Update your personal data or information.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.